- Unbox device and cables and place batteries into remote
- Plug all cables in:
- Aerial (Optional but recommended. Cable not included)
- Ethernet cable (Optional but recommended. Cable not included.)
- Power TV and device on. Change TV input to correct HDMI source.
On the Users Mobile Phone or Tablet
- Wait for the 4 step setup process to appear on screen.
- Connect the device to the local area network. Either Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
- Wait for the connection and software update check to complete. Run the software update if one is available.
- Have the user enter a 4 digit PIN code for Parental Control. Make note of the 4 digit PIN. Select if they would like Parental Control enabled or disabled. This can be changed later in Settings.
- Wait for the channel scan to complete if an aerial cable is plugged in.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Wait on the mobile pairing screen while the user downloads the mobile app.
- Have the user download the Pure TV mobile application on their iOS or Android device. The user creates their own account once inside the app.
- Once logged into the mobile app, enter the 4 digit pairing code that is displayed on the TV screen.
On the Users Mobile Phone or Tablet
The TV setup is now complete.
Getting everything plugged in:
- Connect the HDMI cable from Pure TV to your television.Some televisions have multiple HDMI slots. Note down which slot number the Pure TV is using so you know which input to select on your television menu
- Connect the aerial cable from Pure TV to your home aerial.
- Connect the power cable to your Pure TV and a power socket at your home. Ensure this is switched on.
You are now ready to switch on your television and your Pure TV. On your television set please select the correct HDMI input to display your Pure TV.
The on-screen instructions will now help you with the final steps of setup:
- Internet Connection: If you have an ethernet cable plugged in then you can select to continue. If you are connecting to the wireless network in your home then the available networks in range will automatically display. Select your home network and input your Wi-Fi password.
- Parental Control: Set a 4-digit pin for your device and choose to enable or disable Safe View. If Safe View is enabled then the 4 digit pin code will be required before any viewing.
- Channel Scan: Your Pure TV will scan through your aerial to pick up the Saorview channels. If you do not pick up any channels then please ensure you have connected your aerial to your Pure TV correctly.
- Mobile Application: On your mobile device, visit your App Store and download the Pure TV application. Create an account on the application and enter the 4 digit code you see on your TV screen. For more information on the mobile, click here.
- On your mobile or tablet, visit your iOS App Store or Google Play Store and download the Pure TV application.
- In here you can change the transmission mode, channel frequency and bandwidth.
Once you have logged in to the app on your phone, you will need to link the application to your Pure TV device with a 4 digit code. This code can be found on your Pure TV under the Settings menu and selecting Mobile Application.
That’s it! You can now use the Pure TV application on your mobile phone.
To add any other mobile devices then simply repeat these steps. The 4 digit code will change each time so ensure you open the pairing screen each time to generate a new code.
With the Pure TV mobile application you can:
- Watch a selection of live channels both inside your home and on the go. There are currently 60+ live channels on the application with many more to come.
- Browse the TV Guide to find what’s on now and cast to your TV.
- Use the remote control feature to control your Pure TV. Perfect if the kids have hidden the remote!
- Plus much more.
Getting setup for recording
Setting up your Pure TV for recording has never been easier and it’s available on all of our devices.
Before we get started, please ensure that you have a USB stick with a minimum size of 32GB and there is nothing currently stored on there that you don’t mind losing.
- Plug your USB drive into the back of your Pure TV device.
- A pop-up will appear on your Pure TV to initialise the USB drive.
You are now ready to start recording your favourite shows and series. All recorded shows will be in the My Pure TV avenue on your Pure TV.
If your Pure TV is having any problems reading your USB stick, please try the following:
Note that this will wipe all contents from your USB stick. Please ensure any items you would like to keep are saved elsewhere before completing this action.
- Plug your USB stick into a USB drive on your PC or laptop.
- Right click on the drive and select "Format".
- Select the "File System" as "NTFS" and select the "Quick Format option.
- Click "Start"
Once formatting has been completed, you can remove the USB stick from the computer and try again on your Pure TV.
Getting setup with Alexa
Pure TV supports voice control when paired with your Amazon Alexa device. To pair your Alexa with your device, follow those simple steps:
On your Pure TV:
- Navigate to Settings and select Voice Control. Alternatively you can press the Speech bubble button on your remote control.
On your mobile or tablet device:
- Download and open the Alexa mobile application.
- Navigate to More and Skills & Games.
- Search for the skill called Netgem TV and select Enable to Use.
- Input the 6 digit code that is presented on your TV screen into the Alexa application.
2) Press the heading for INTERNET and press edit under ADSL(NGB), VDSL(FTTC) and GE WAN(FTTH).
3) Change the connection type to Bridge and press save.
Your Pure TV will now be paired with Alexa and ready to use voice control!
What are the commands for Alexa?
Here are a list of commands that Alexa responds to:
Going to a live channel:
E.g. Alexa, go to BBC One.
E.g. Alexa, tune to Channel 103
Searching for live TV:
E.g. Alexa, search EastEnders
E.g. Alexa, find programme called Frasier
E.g. Alexa, search for Peppa Pig
Watch a live TV programme:
E.g. Alexa, watch Homes Under the Hammer
Play on demand content from the On Demand section:
E.g. Alexa, play Grand Tour
E.g. Alexa, launch Amazon Prime Video
E.g. Alexa, go to Britbox
E.g. Alexa, start YouTube
Pause and Play live TV:
E.g. Alexa, pause
E.g. Alexa, play
Viewing the TV Guide:
E.g. Alexa, go to Guide
Changing the volume on your TV:
E.g. Alexa, mute
E.g. Alexa, unmute